- Smile with more confidence
- Keep your healthy tooth structure intact
- Enjoy a more affordable alternative to veneers
If you’re looking for a minimally invasive way to enhance the appearance of your teeth, tooth bonding in Paducah may be for you. Like dental veneers, bonding can be used to conceal many kinds of imperfections, including gaps, stains, and chips. Dr. Kelvin White can help you determine which of these cosmetic solutions will work best for you, but a bonding treatment does offer several advantages.
Compared to veneers, dental bonding is:
- More Affordable – A bonding treatment costs less than veneers.
- Less Invasive – While many kinds of veneers require the removal of at least some enamel before the restorations are attached to teeth, Dr. White simply roughens the surface of teeth to prepare them for bonding. Since no enamel is removed, the treatment is completely reversible.
- Faster – Unlike veneers, we can typically complete a dental bonding procedure in just one appointment. Depending on the issues you are trying to cover, Dr. White may need as little as 30 minutes per tooth.
To improve your smile with bonding, call us today at 270-355-7599.
Cosmetic Bonding Is a Simple & Painless Process
Since your tooth enamel has no nerve endings, you won’t feel any discomfort during a bonding treatment. Here is how it works:
- Dr. White roughens the surface of your tooth.
- He applies tooth-colored composite directly to your tooth, carefully shaping it to achieve the desired appearance.
- He hardens and “cures” it with an ultraviolet light.
- He polishes the surface of the tooth.
The composite is the same material we also use for dental fillings. While it can last for several years with proper care, it is more susceptible to staining and other damage than veneers. Veneers are made of ceramic or porcelain that can look great for 20 years or more. In contrast, bonding may last up to 10 years.
For tooth bonding in Paducah, call White & White Family Dentistry; Dr. Kelvin L. White DMD at 270-355-7599.