- Enjoy a faster recovery with no stitches
- Target only diseased tissue & keep healthy tissue
- Benefit from an FDA-approved treatment protocol
Gum disease isn’t just bad for your gums. It can threaten your teeth and even your overall health. It’s the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Plus, studies have linked it to serious health conditions including diabetes and heart disease. Dr. Kelvin White can eliminate gum disease using LANAP laser treatment in Paducah. In fact, he is the only general dentist in Western Kentucky who is certified to offer this FDA-approved treatment option!
The innovative LANAP (Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure) treatment offers many benefits over traditional gum surgery, including:
- Minimal Downtime – You’ll be able to resume your normal activity right away, with no restrictions on diet or exercise.
- Targeted Treatment – LANAP removes only disease-causing bacteria while leaving your healthy gum tissue in place. As a bonus, the treatment is quicker too!
- More Comfort – With no incisions or stitches, LANAP is far easier on your gums than traditional gum surgery. Most patients require no pain medication after their procedure.
- More Attractive Gums – Unlike traditional surgery, LANAP won’t lower the level of your gumline. You’ll be left with attractive, healthy-looking gums.
- Faster Recovery – You’ll experience little if any bleeding during the procedure, and the lack of incisions means quicker healing and a lower risk of post-procedure complications.
- Teeth and Bone Preservation – LANAP is the only FDA-approved treatment for gum disease that has proven regeneration of tissue and bone.
For effective and comfortable gum disease treatment with a laser, call White & White Family Dentistry; Dr. Kelvin L. White DMD today at 270-355-7599.
We Treat Early Stage Gum Disease With a Deep Cleaning
Dr. White looks for signs of gum disease during every dental exam so he can treat it in its earliest stages. He’ll use a two-part deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing that may be able to stop the disease from progressing to its later and more destructive stages:
- Scaling removes bacteria from above and below your gumline
- Root planing smooths your tooth roots to remove bacteria and make it harder for more bacteria to collect
Our Laser Makes the Difference for More Advanced Gum Disease
Our PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser allows us to treat more advanced cases of gum disease with no cutting and little if any scraping with hand equipment. We use the laser to remove bacteria and infected tissue from periodontal “pockets” between teeth and gums. The laser gum disease treatment also:
- Creates a snug seal that prevents bacteria from getting into the now-disinfected pockets
- Stimulates stem cells to put your body’s natural healing power to work regenerating the lost ligaments and bone that keep your teeth in place
We will numb your mouth with local anesthesia prior to treatment so you won’t feel a thing.
For LANAP laser treatment in Paducah from the only general dentist in Western Kentucky who is certified to offer it, call White & White Family Dentistry; Dr. Kelvin L. White DMD at 270-355-7599.