Prevent Small Problems From Becoming Worse With Dental Cleanings & Exams in Paducah
You may wonder if you need to see us for dental cleanings and exams in Paducah twice a year. The answer is yes! Scheduling biannual appointments for general dental care is the most important step you can take to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Regular dental exams let our team:
- Identify and treat issues like cavities so they won’t become more serious problems
- Discuss your smile challenges and goals with you
- Screen you for issues that impact your overall health, like gum disease and oral cancer
- Remove cavity-causing plaque and tartar from your teeth
- Use high-tech equipment like an intraoral camera and laser cavity detectors so we can quickly and comfortably diagnose you
To schedule your next exam and cleaning, call us today at 270-355-7599. If you’re a new patient, we’ll recommend allowing an hour and a half for the process. We’ll offer you a comfort menu so you can select amenities, like a pillow and blanket, to keep you comfortable.
Keep Your Treatment Less Complex With Proactive Dental Care
Our team emphasizes the early detection of dental problems. We use sophisticated technology like digital X-rays, an intraoral camera, and laser cavity detectors to proactively identify issues like decay and gum disease during your exams. The sooner we can treat these issues, the better!
Proactive care is:
- More Comfortable – When possible, we use air abrasion to treat cavities. Since no drill is needed, many patients don’t even require local anesthesia. More severe decay requires a larger restoration like a crown. Left untreated, it can cause your tooth to become infected, which means you’ll need a root canal to save your tooth.
- Less Invasive – Air abrasion allows Dr. White to remove the smallest amount of enamel possible for the repair. He’ll have to remove more healthy tooth structure for a crown or other restoration.
- Quicker – You’ll spend less time in the dental chair with air abrasion.
- Less Costly – A dental filling costs less than a crown or a root canal.
For dental cleanings and exams in Paducah, call White & White Family Dentistry; Dr. Kelvin L. White DMD at 270-355-7599.