- Get out of pain with our treatment
- Keep your tooth in place without an extraction
- Sedation is available to help you relax
These days, root canal procedures are not as bad as most people make them out to be. TV shows and movies would have you believe that getting a root canal is the worst thing that could possibly happen to you. At White & White Family Dentistry; Dr. Kelvin L. White DMD, they are actually no more uncomfortable than getting a tooth filled, especially with Dr. White’s 30-plus years of experience. In fact, our Paducah root canals will:
- Eliminate the pain caused by an infected tooth
- Save your tooth from an extraction
- Prepare your damaged tooth for a new crown
- Prevent further damage to your other teeth and gums
Call us today at 270-355-7599 for an emergency appointment if you’re in pain. We’ll do our best to get you in the same day so you get the care you need to feel better.
Root Canal Treatment Can Save Your Tooth
Root canal therapy is a beneficial treatment in that it allows us to save your tooth from an extraction. Whenever you lose a tooth, whether it comes out on its own or your dentist has to remove it, your other teeth can begin shifting positions. Over time, this can create problems with the alignment of your bite and potentially lead to more tooth loss.
A root canal repairs your diseased tooth by removing the infected pulp, letting you keep the tooth. Here’s what Dr. White will do to repair your diseased tooth:
- Our team will administer local anesthetic to ensure that the area we’re working on is fully numb.
- We’ll offer you inhaled sedation (laughing gas) if you need it to help you relax and feel comfortable.
- Dr. White will clean out the pulp chamber inside the tooth and sanitize it to prevent reinfection.
- He will seal the tooth with a rubber-like material.
- Most of the time, we recommend adding a crown to the repaired tooth to strengthen it and restore virtually all your chewing capacity.
During your root canal procedure, if you ever have a question or feel uncomfortable, just let us know and we’ll go at your pace. We want you to have a great dental experience here!
Root canals in Paducah can be comfortable, especially at White & White Family Dentistry; Dr. Kelvin L. White DMD. Call us today at 270-355-7599 to schedule an appointment.